Monday, August 29, 2005

The party's over...

I can’t believe how quickly this past month has flown by. A month seems like such a long time beforehand. It’s really not. I’m glad I had this time to try to get myself mentally and physically acclimated for the next two years. I have been able to spend a lot of time with Farrell, Nuala, Ceci, and our families, and I’m really grateful for that. I was able to get to the gym 22 out of the last 29 days, so I’m pretty happy about that too. I had really fallen off the gym “wagon” for a while, so it feels good to have accomplished that.

So, tomorrow’s the big day. Orientation takes place for the next four days. I’m very excited, but I’m a little nervous too. In fact, I already have my clothes laid out for tomorrow morning like my mother and I did when I was a kid. I wish you were here to pack my lunch mom! (I used to get little notes from my mother written on my lunch bag! I just got a little teary-eyed thinking about that.)

I really don’t know what to expect for the next two years. I guess tomorrow will shed some light on it. And now begins the real purpose for this blog. I’m not sure how many actual photos will be involved in documenting the next couple of years, but I’ve gotten really into using the digital camera again, so I’m sure I’ll find things to include on the blog from time to time.

Farrell has been such a huge motivation to me this last year, as he has been undertaking law school in addition to working a full time job. I hope to be able to make him as proud over the coming months as he has made me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been making me proud for 36 years. Embarking on this new career is such an accomplishment. I am so happy for you. And you're right about Farrell. He is the ultimate best. But that's another blogspot.
Good luck and I am sorry I am not there to take your picture on the front stoop or make your little lunch (but you can consider this a substitution for your little note in the lunchbox).

Anonymous said...

Knock 'em dead!!I have no doubt that you will be at the top of your class. Just the opposite of me. :-))

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck Rich -- Your New England cousins are proud of you too.

Anonymous said...

THAT "NURSE" COMMENT HAS TO BE KIM. AND WHY DO I HAVE TO ENTER LETTERS ALL THE TIME? I FEEL LIKE I'M BUYING CONCERT TICKETS EVERY TIME I COMMENT.

Phil from Ossining said...

Dude, give up the nursing career and blog fulltime. Farrell is making millions and there is no reason for you to got out of bed until noon ever again.