Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Day at the Beach

With Farrell on vacation this week and Ceci off from work today, we all decided to head out to Long Island and spend a day at the beach with my grandmother. It was not the greatest day in terms of weather, but we had a really nice time. I got attacked by two sea gulls. (No joke. One flew over my head and it me with its legs while his accomplice hit me from the side and swiped a hot dog right out of my hand. Vicious animals!)

We had a chance to stop by my parents for a quick visit after the beach, which was nice. They were headed to a wake, so it was just a quick visit, but I've never seen my mother look better! She should befriend as many dying people as she can.

We ended the day with a nice dinner at a steak place that is a favorite of my grandmother's. I love her to death, and we all had a lot of laughs, but she managed to wear all three of us completely out. Overall, a really nice day. I got a few nice pictures.









We watched this seagull dig into this poor unsuspecting beachgoer's bag. It was incredibly tenacious.


And as far as the following shots are concerned, all I can say is, you just have to know her. We were so proud.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allow me to be the first to comment. The pictures are great. Love the sea gull thief. They do think they own the beach. It was great seeing you guys yesterday. Enjoy the rest of the vacation. Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

I am all choked up. I can't even comment. In this case, I hope the apple falls very, very far from the tree!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a great day! It was nice to be on the beach even if the sun didn't come out to play! Carol, I love your house! Oh, those colors!!! About the last 2 pictures.....all I have to say is I hope 80 is half as good to me!!

Anonymous said...

I know Aunt Anne wants to come to Maine, but this is a bit excessive!!!