Thursday, August 11, 2005

Chemistry recap & Cindy Sheehan

My week of Chemistry is done, and it was actually a lot of fun. We did a month's worth of work in 4 nights, so it was a little whirlwhind, but overall was not too bad. I'm really glad I opted to do this, especially when I heard that what we spent 12 hours on this week will be covered in 45 minutes during the first class of Anatomy & Physiology. I can't wait to see that trick.

The other kids seem to play nicely with others. I made a few friends, which should make my mother happy. And now that's it for school until after Labor Day. Farrell is on vacation from work next week, so I think we'll try to take a few day trips out of the city. New York City in August is just gross. And this summer has been particularly brutal. The entire city smells like shit. The south end of the 1,2,3 line at Penn Station literally smells like raw sewage, and has for about a month. And there has been no appreciable rain, so the stench just keeps building on itself and rebaking every day. Getting away from here, even if just for a few hours, would be a very good thing.

So, I'm not typically one to get too involved in political matters, because I always feel that I don't know enough, am not smart enough, and not informed enough to be eligible to have thoughts and feelings on the subject. However, I am really moved by Cindy Sheehan's lack of fear. She is not afraid of Bush. She is not afraid of Hannity and O'Reilly. She is just not afraid at all to say what's on her mind, and this is so refreshing in our current political climate. I promise this site won't become a political forum. (I'll leave that to the capable hands of Farrell. Hillary 2008!, right Farrell?) But I just had an opportunity to overhear an interview with her tonight, and I was really impressed with her confidence, articulate nature, and her bravery. And to think...all he had to do was come out and say hello to her. If he had made that simple (and humble) gesture, none of this ever would have happened. What a cowardly act on his part, but certainly not out of character.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dollface, you know I will always be able to help you with your chemistry problems. Remember, the following tips....HONClBrIF, LEO the GERman, and always, the lemmings.

Anonymous said...

OH, MY!!! I'M NOT EVEN TOUCHING THIS. (BUT CAN'T WAIT TO VOTE FOR PIRRO - HAHA)

Anonymous said...

Ah - DON'T ALL WOMEN HAVE CROSSES TO BEAR IN LIFE. (MEN) BUT WE SUCCEED IN SPITE OF THEM.