Thursday, August 25, 2005

Another day with Grandma

We spent the day down at Jones Beach again today. It was just the two of us this time, which was actually a really sentimental experience for me. She and I went to beach together millions of times while I was growing up. It was a routine...she always packed an amazing lunch, and today was no exception. I had a number of really vivid flashbacks and memories throughout the day. We also took a really long walk along the beach, just like we used to. The weather was perfect, too. 80 degrees and cloudless, with a light breeze off the ocean. Really nice. I am a very lucky man to have had her as a grandmother and as a friend all these years.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am way too choked up to comment.

Richard said...

but you just did!

Anonymous said...

Anne needs a piercing now.

Richard said...

I'm contemplating posting a picture of her "tattoo" that she insisted I take a picture of.

Anonymous said...

The "tatoos" are a must - she will be very happy to have them on the internet.

Richard said...

I don't want to disgust my loyal viewers and readers. :)