Friday, August 12, 2005

Hazy, Hot and Humid!

I had to go down to Chelsea today for yoga, and ended up walking home. I don't know what possessed me to do this on such an Africa-hot day, but it was actually kind of fun, and I was able to take a few cool pictures. It was only about ten or eleven miles, but I was soaked straight through by the time I got home.


I got a couple of nice shots of the Intrepid and the Concorde.





I have always had a fascination with the abandoned and derelict old piers that are scattered along the west side. These two in the 60s I think are particularly cool. You can almost hear echoes of the past when you are looking at these things up close. They are eery and beautiful to me at the same time.






It was extremely hazy and humid today; so hazy in fact that you can just barely make out the traces of the George Washington Bridge in the background if you look closely enough.



I have no words for this, but just knew I had to take a picture of it.



And for those of you who haven't seen where we live before, (and for my family, since they come visit so rarely, they may forgotten what the place looks like), here is a picture of our home. We are the third floor of the brownstone with the orange-ish door.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Call me stupid but I can't quite figure out how you took the last one of the pier?! Enlighten me!

Anonymous said...

I was always better in chemistry than you were.

Anonymous said...

About the sarcastic quip about the family not visiting - the picture is great - so realistic I can almost smell the piss aromas emerging from your front stoop.

Tony said...

Richard, I think it might be possible that I have a little crush on your Mom! x

Anonymous said...

I'LL BE IN IRELAND IN OCTOBER!!!!!

Richard said...

Yes, but it will be no fun without me! (And isn't my mother charming Tony? She's just a joy.)

Tony said...

She's quite a gal - love those comments, Mrs S, keep them coming! :)

As for you, Mr Richard, when the hell are you coming back here??

xo

Anonymous said...

No, it won't be the same without Richard in Ireland. I can hear me now "we did this, we did that". People will be telling me to shut up. That was, and still is at this point, the best trip of my life. Love being with my oldest. Maybe someday we'll do it again.

Anonymous said...

I only have 1 word for the "Moshiach" billboard - OOOOYYYY