Monday, August 22, 2005

The Week in Review

I can't believe it's been a week already since my last post. Farrell's vacation went really quickly. We spent most of it doing family related stuff. We figured that with Farrell starting school today, and me starting next week, who knows when we'll have the time to make these kinds of visits over the next couple of months.

I went out to Garden City last Thursday. My mother and I drove down to the beach, where we met up with my sister Kim and her friends Amy and Kelly. Introducing Kim and Mom:


Kim is extremely shy and really resists posing for pictures:


Kim all cleaned up and ready for her date with Mr. Rooty Tooty Fresh ’N Fruity. (Those who need to will be able to understand this reference to a classic IHOP pancake breakfast dish.)


We had the unfortunate experience of being forcibly exposed to an amorous couple with little in the way of modesty or shame. At one point I thought he was trying to administer CPR.



That's Kim's friend Amy on the top left pointing to the inseparable lovers, both of whom were so white, it looked like this was their first day outside of their bubbles:


We finished the week with a trip up to Milford, CT to spend an afternoon with Farrell's grandmother, Virginia. She is Farrell's mother's mom, and she is really a trip. She had us laughing pretty hard the entire time. She's 87 years old, and sharp as a tack, with an equally sharp sense of humor:



Overall a really nice week. Only one week of freedom left!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics with my grandma!!

Anonymous said...

Grandma is so cute. Mom looks like her.

Phil from Ossining said...

Dude, who dresses Farrell? He looks like a suburban dad about to mow the lawn.

Richard said...

Hey! That's my man you're talking about! So what that he wanted to dress like his grandmother that day! I think it's sweet!