Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Classes have begun!

Classes started yesterday. I had my first Nursing Lab section, which was pretty cool. We learned proper sterile gloving techniques and proper handwashing. Nothing too terribly difficult, but you’d be surprised at how hard it can be to do something so “basic” when you are being observed by an instructor. I also met my Clinical instructor. She is the professor with whom I will be working at Beth Israel hospital during my clinicals every Wednesday. I found out that my first rotation will be in a post-opp surgical unit, so that should be interesting. ;

Also yesterday was Developmental Psychology, which I think is going to be a complete and total nighmare. 3 papers, 3 exams, and a group project, all within 12 weeks.

Today was a 7 hour Introduction to Nursing lecture. 7 hours. S-E-V-E-N H-O-U-R-S. Started at 7:45 this morning. The classroom had no air conditioning and it was packed. I thought I was going to die. In the future, half the day on Wednesdays will be on the unit at the hospital, so it shouldn’t be that tedious. I ended up having to give a presentation already today. I represented my clinical group and presented a case study that we had been working on for a while in the afternoon. It was scary, but I enjoyed it.

And after all of that, I ended up having to go to work, but that actually was fun. I was looking forward to it in a strange way, now that I’m not there full time anymore.

Up tomorrow, my first session of Anatomy & Physiology Lab. I’m looking forward to that a lot. I’ve heard that the instructor is brutally difficult, but excellent, and that the course is fantastic. I think this is going to be the part that will interest me most this semester.

More on the people I’ve met next time. I’ve made some great friends; some really funny and smart people that I think are going to make great study partners.

I promise more frequent entries going forward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BE SURE TO TAKE CADAVER PICTURES.